Monday, June 11, 2007

Secrets of a good E-business

OK a few beaders and my bead buyers have asked me :"What is the secret to a good e-business?"

Here are some pointers, do email me and share with me your views. =)

1) Have your own style when beading / creating a piece / painting on shoes / or when choosing clothes for sale.

Having your own style depicts your character and your artistic values and talents, your keen eye for fashion and buyers would LOVE to buy from places where they know they would get exclusive pieces.

Let me give you an example :
People love angelicious creations, for my "zillion ways to wear pieces". They recognise my branding with my multi-ways to wear pieces, my handmade beads and my wiring in a certain style.

People love edynae, for her wiring. She uniquely wires motifs and draws on beads, its her unique style which attracts buyers.

When you have your own style, people would remember you very clearly and would go to you for a certain style because only YOU have that style that can enhance their wardrobe. =)


2) Be friendly.

Even when buyers are extremely rude and demanding, be friendly. Remember E-SERVICE is important too.


3) Be honest.

Be honest about your product and highlight flaws to your potential buyers. Eg : a tear in a top, a stain in a dress, a scratch on the beads etc. Because if a buyer has high expectations of an item, and when the item is received and flaws are seen, it would be alot worse.


4) Have good beading ethics. Or proper artistic ethics, because when you respect people, people would recommend you and refer buyers to you. It is important to make more friends in the e-business because then you would have alot of E-contacts who would help you grow. =)


5) And lastly, No spamming please. The more you push your products into people's faces, the more they pull away. Don't spam into their mailbox, don't spam on tagboards. Unless the tagboards are for advertising. Try to understand consumer's mentality. =)


This is my 2 cents worth. =)