Saturday, April 26, 2008

Clay Classes

I have been considering this for a significant amount of time and with great delight and excitement, I have concluded that I should give back to the beading community what I have been taking from them; that is, information and the sharing of knowledge; the knowledge that I have gained over the past year about the ever popular Clay-making Techniques!



Firstly, do allow me to put this in perspective: I have spent a great deal (by "great deal" I mean "insane") amount of money into learning the art of making clay. While I should not discount the fact that some (emphasis on "some") sites do teach several ways to make clay, I found myself spending a considerable time learning it on my own. As such, after a span of almost a year (maybe more!) and a huge hole in my pocket, as well as large amounts of wasted clay from my virgin dabbling in this art, I am very proud indeed to achieve a desirable (not perfect, mind you, but acceptable in my opinion) standard of clay-making.



As I gaze at my completed works of art on the mahogany table, what strikes me the most is the amount of wasted time, money, and clay that have been so apparent as the "collateral damage" of learning this very intoxicating form of art. In retrospect, I would have appreciated a form of mentor, or teacher, who would have been able to guide me in reaching the epitome of creativity without having to have spent a great deal of wasted time, money, and clay (think of the environment!) that has ensued with me trying it out on my own.



I seek to spare the agony of the above mentioned wastage for potential clay-makers looking for knowledge, simply by letting you reap the benefits of the seeds (very expensive seeds, I might add) that I have sown in the pursuit of this art. I hope to be that mentor for you, the mentor I never had for myself. It is my desire that by having me as a mentor / teacher, you would be spared of the huge (huge!) amounts of money and time you would otherwise have had to spend on learning it yourself!



We must separate ourselves from the clones and those who are experts at reverse engineering. I will teach you everything in a short-cut, yet in a completely original and precise way about how I exercise clay techniques! Here are the details of the classes that I will be conducting:



CUSTOMISE YOUR OWN CLAY CLASS


Pick AT LEAST TWO of the techniques you would like to learn!


1) Lentil and round shaping at $80


2) Pillow shaping at $80


3) Two floral techniques at $80


4) White lace technique at $80


5) Rose technique at $80


6) Glossing technique at $20


7) Baking technique at $20


or... "The Works" at $380! (This includes all the above techniques, and comes inclusive of 6 colored clay packs.)


*Customised classes are NOT INCLUSIVE of colored clay packs.

WHY WAIT !!!!
EMAIL TO ANGELICIOUS.CREATIONZ@gmail.com NOW!